TMJ syndrome can cause pain and stiffness around your jaw ear and temples. It is said to affect 1 in 4 people. However, the numbers are thought to be much greater due to people suffering without knowing it because the symptoms are so diverse.
There are a wide range of symptoms of TMJ syndrome:
- Neck and Shoulder Pain
- Popping and Clicking Noises in The Jaw
- Vertigo or Dizziness
- Deep Jaw Discomfort
- Difficulty Opening and Closing Your Mouth
- Glop Throat
- Teeth Grinding
- Fascial Twitching
Causes of TMJ
There are many causes of TMJ syndrome
- An accident which impacted your face, head or neck
- Excessively chewing gum
- Extensive dental work
- Malocclusion (misaligned jaw)
- Clenching or grinding your teeth
- Illnesses such as fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and sleep disorders such as sleep aponia among others
A group of 3-6 weekly sessions can be all it takes to start noticing a considerable difference in your pain and restriction.
Improvements can often occur after the 1st session and improve further as the treatment continues.